What are you planning to cook this weekend? This lockdown has got me trying so many different recipes that I never used to make. I guess it’s because I have more time on my hands. How about you, are you cooking more? This week in our series of recipes from Tessa’s Table we continue with this delicious Chicken & Veggie Pastry stuffed with Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese dish. Tessa’s Table is dedicated to helping students cook and with her guided steps you too can create the perfect recipes.
Chicken & Vegetable Pastry Stuffed with Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 puff pastry
- 2 chicken breasts
- Mushrooms or Peppers or Leak, option
- Garlic & Herbs cheese (Tartare/Boursin)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt & Pepper
- Fry the chicken, garlic and onion in a tablespoon of oil. When the chicken is nearly done, add the vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the cheese. Let the cheese melt and the flavours spread.
- Remove from the heat and whilst it cools down work on your pastry.
- Trace a stem in the middle of your pastry. From there, cut each side of the pastry, using the tip of a sharp knife, into diagonal slices. Each slice on either side should be as symmetrical as possible.
- Fill with your garnish. It’ll look like it can’t fit, but don’t worry! Work your way down, creating uniform and equal levels.
- Close your slices one by one, without having them cover each other too much. Brush the whole pastry with an egg yolk.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°C degrees.