How many of you have been spending your lockdown baking and trying new recipes? I think I’ve piled on the pounds and have got a sweet tooth since the beginning of lockdown. But who cares right! In our series of recipes from Tessa’s Table we continue with her amazing Lime Cheesecake & Biscoff. Tessa’s Table is dedicated to helping students cook, at improving their skills as she improves hers, and posting simple recipes with guided steps. Here’s Tessa’s advice for the perfect cheesecake.
Lime Cheesecake & Biscoff Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
For the base
- 25 biscoff biscuits (you can replace with Digestives/Oreos)
- 50g melted butter
For the cheesecake
- 350g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 lime: zest and juice
- 2 eggs
- 150ml crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon of caster sugar
- Stuff a freezer bag with your biscoff biscuits. Close it securely and crush the biscuits using a rolling pin. Transfer the biscuits to a sufficient-sized bowl and mix in the melted butter. Butter a cake tin and then press the biscuit mixture evenly into the tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C degrees.
- Add the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of sugar to a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Add in the eggs and then the lime zest and juice.
- Pour the mixture onto the top of the biscuit layer. Gently tap the tin against the kitchen counter to even out the mixture and to release air that may be contained.
- Cook for 25 minutes at 180°C degrees.
- After 25 minutes, take the cake out of the oven and turn the heat up to 230°C degrees. Pour the crème fraîche over the cake and even out using a spatula. Do NOT tap against the counter this time. Sprinkle the teaspoon of sugar over the cake.
- Return to the over and cook for a further 5 minutes. Allow the cheesecake to cool down completely before serving.
- Use a 20cm springform cake pan
- When the cheesecake is in the oven it will slightly shrink